Candied Sweet Potatoes
- 4 medium yams, pared, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Dash of cloves, optional
- 1 Tbsp real maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter 9x13 baking dish.
Arrange sliced yams in prepared casserole dish.
Mix together melted butter, brown sugar, heavy cream and hot water, blend well. Add cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, cloves if using, maple syrup and vanilla extract, blend well. Spoon over yams.
Cover and bake 40 minutes. Uncover, stir yams so all is well coated. Bake an additional 20 to 25 minute or until cooked thru.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (451 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Parmesan Crisps 4.5/5 (96 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Casserole Ruth Chris'... 4.4/5 (94 Votes)
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes 4.5/5 (91 Votes)