Stir-Fry Beef and Broccoli
Make tasty Asian restaurant fare at home--and do it in less than 30 minutes! Stir-fry is weeknight easy. Very easy and very tasty! My new favorite stir-fry recipe.
- 1 1/4 lb beef flank steak, cut into thin slices
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated gingerroot, if desired
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil
- 2 cups fresh small broccoli florets
- 1 1/2 cups ready-to-eat baby-cut carrots, cut lengthwise into julienne
- (2x1/4x1/4-inch) strips
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup cashew halves, if desired
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
1.In medium bowl, mix beef, soy sauce, garlic and ginger root; set aside.
In small bowl, mix sauce ingredients with wire whisk until well blended;
2.In wok or 12-inch skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over high heat
about 1 minute. Add beef mixture, breaking up clumps of beef with wooden
spoon; cook 1 minute without stirring. Stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until
beef is browned around edges. Transfer beef mixture to clean bowl.
3.To empty wok, add remaining 1 tablespoon oil; heat over high heat about 1
minute. Add broccoli and carrots; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
Add 2 tablespoons water; cover and cook 2 to 4 minutes, stirring
occasionally, until broccoli and carrots are crisp-tender.
4.Return beef mixture to wok. Mix sauce mixture again with wire whisk to
recombine; pour into wok. Stir to coat mixture with sauce. Cook 1 to 2
minutes, stirring occasionally, until sauce is thickened. Sprinkle each
serving with cashews.
To make cutting the beef easier, put the uncooked flank steak in the freezer for 15 minutes. Cutting with the grain, cut the steak into 3 long strips, then cut each strip across the grain into 1/8-inch-thick slices.
Serve the stir-fry mixture over hot cooked rice or Asian noodles
1 Serving (1 Serving)Calories 370 (Calories from Fat 120), Total Fat 14g
(Saturated Fat 3 1/2g,Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 105mg; Sodium 660mg; Total Carbohydrate 19g, Dietary Fiber 3g,Sugars 4g,Protein 44g;
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
You'll also love
- Three Cheese Campfire Potatoes 4.4/5 (57 Votes)
- Mexican Shrimp & Scallops 4.3/5 (59 Votes)
- Peach Gelato 4.2/5 (80 Votes)
- Roasted Garlic Fettuccine Alfredo 4.1/5 (78 Votes)
- Fried Cabbage with Onions and Bacon 4.6/5 (41 Votes)
- America's test kitchen classic... 4.3/5 (77 Votes)
- Baked Cheese & Broccoli Bites 4.5/5 (50 Votes)
- Szechuan Beef with Broccoli 4.5/5 (44 Votes)