Asparagus Orzo Salad
Lemon, grape tomatoes, asparagus and orzo is a delicious, light summer salad, or serve warm as a fresh side dish.
- 1 (12-ounce) package orzo
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cook orzo per package instructions. In last 2-3 minutes, added chopped asparagus and blanch. When tender, drain, rinse, and place in a large bowl. Add tomato halves.
Mix olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Stir into orzo and vegetables. Stir in parsley and grated Parmigiano Reggiano.
This can be served warm, room temperature or cold.
You'll also love
- Honey Garlic Sesame Wings 4.5/5 (61 Votes)
- Coconut cake with Passion Fruit... 4.6/5 (54 Votes)
- Creamed Corn Casserole 4.4/5 (69 Votes)
- Spinach Tomato Orzo Soup 4.5/5 (66 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup 4.6/5 (58 Votes)
- Olive Garden's Chicken Alfredo 4.5/5 (58 Votes)
- Chicken and Asparagus Crepes 4.5/5 (62 Votes)
- Cheesy Broccoli Orzo 4.4/5 (62 Votes)