Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork
An easy and tasty way to make pulled pork. Perfect for the summertime!
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin, trimmed
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 (12 oz) can of root beer
- sweet onion, cut into 5 rings 1/2” wide (reserve remainder of onion for other use)
- 1 bottle Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce (or your own favorite)
- toasted kaiser buns, makes about 6-8 sandwiches depending on bun size
1. Rub salt and pepper into pork tenderloin, to taste.
2. Cover the bottom of the slow cooker with sliced onion rings, about 4-6. Place pork tenderloin on top of onions in slow cooker. Pour root beer over the pork, cover and cook on low until tender, about 5-6 hours.
3. Remove pork from the slow cooker and shred with a fork and knife. Drain half of the juice from the slow cooker and save onions in the juice.
4. Add pork back to slow cooker and pour bbq sauce over pork. Eyeball the amount to use based on how saucy you would like your pulled pork. Combine well and cook on low for an additional hour. Serve on toasted kaiser buns.