Kolokythokeftedes (Zucchini and Feta Balls)
(can be served with tzatziki or marinara sauce; great appetizer)
- 2 cups zucchini, grated and squeezed
- 1/4 cup of feta, crumbled
- 1 splash ouzo (optional)
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 handful herbs (such as mint, dill and parsley), chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- salt and pepper to taste
- ~1/2 cup flour (I used whole wheat)
- breadcrumbs (I use whole wheat)
- oil for frying
Adapted from closetcooking.com
Mix the zucchini, feta, ouzo, garlic, green onion, herbs and egg and season with salt and pepper.
Mix in enough flour and breadcrumbs that you can work with the mixture to form balls.
Form the mixture into balls and dust in flour.
Fry in oil until golden brown and set aside to cool.