Cinnamon Apple Pie Cones
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 1?2 cups peeled and chopped apples (about 2 small apples)
- 1 Tbsp granulated white sugar
- 3/4 Tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 ?8 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon (1/2 for apple mix and 1/2 as a topping)
- 6 sugar cones
- Cool Whip, Redi Whip or Fresh Whipped Cream
First you’ll want to chop up your apples so that they are ready to go when you have your stove nice and hot.
Now you’re going to mix 1/4 cup of water and 1 tsp of cornstarch over medium heat until the cornstarch dissolves.
Once the cornstarch is dissolved, add your sugars (white and brown), pure vanilla extract, a pinch of salt, and 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
Once you have this all mixed, add your apples and combine. Keep mixing until the sugar and apples start sticking together and the mixture has thickened. Mix about 10 minutes or until apples start to soften.
Set apple mixture aside and cool completely.
Set up 6 sugar cones and spoon even amounts of apple mixture into each cone.
Top with fat free cool whip or homemade whipped cream if you’re really indulging!
Sprinkle with cinnamon and enjoy.