Banana Sponge Cakes
These light, fluffy banana sponge cakes are a delicious and naturally sweet dessert. They're best when made with ripe bananas.
- 1 stick butter, softened (1/2 cup)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 medium banana
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- VANILLA GLAZE:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Pinch of Kosher salt
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from blommi.com
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease & flour the mini-bundt pan.
Cream together the butter sugar and salt.
Mash banana well and beat with eggs, add to butter mixture along with the vanilla and milk. Beat well.
Stir the baking powder and cinnamon into the flour, to ensure even distribution, then add to the mixing bowl. Beat until the mixture is creamy in consistency. It will be a little thicker than standard cake batter, but smooth & silky.
Dollop into the mini bundt pans. Fill 3/4 full and smooth tops with back of a spoon.
Bake for 20 to 24 minutes. Toothpick will pull out clean and tops will be light golden brown. Mine were just right at 22 minutes.
Add the ingredients to a small non-stick skillet over med-high heat. (Crumbing the brown sugar helps it dissolve quickly.)
Keep stirring, the sugar will melt quick. The glaze will start to bubble up. Remove from burner once it has thickened a little, but still seems a little thin to use (it will thicken as it cools).
Allow it to cool a couple minutes before glazing the banana cakes. It should be thick enough to slowly roll down sides of cake, but not stiff. (if it hardens you over cooked to candy stage, start over).
You'll also love
- Kartoffelklösse (German Potato... 4.4/5 (34 Votes)
- Glazed Pumpkin Spice Cake 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Strawberry Ghosts For Halloween 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Stuffed Shells 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- APPLE BUTTERSCOTCH CRESCENT ROLLS 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Banana Cake w/ Cream Cheese... 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Tomato Bacon & Spinach Quiche 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Tipsy Pineapple Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (24 Votes)