Waldorf Salad with Smoked Turkey
Serve this simple Waldorf salad with smoked turkey recipe with fresh croissants and iced tea for a satisfying lunch or light dinner.
- 3 Granny Smith apples, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup smoked turkey breast, diced
- 3/4 cup seedless red grapes, cut in half
- 1 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Several large leaves red leaf lettuce
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from foodpyramidonline.com
In a large bowl, toss apples with the lemon juice and set aside.
In a small bowl, cover cranberries with hot water, let sit for 3 to 5 minutes, then drain well and pat dry with paper towels. Add the cranberries to the apples along with the turkey, grapes, walnuts, celery and green onion.
To make the dressing, combine mayonnaise, yogurt, honey, salt and pepper together in a small bowl until smooth. Pour over the apple mixture and stir until the ingredients are evenly coated with dressing. Place each serving of salad on a lettuce leaf.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (703 Votes)
- Jalapeno Popper Spread 4.5/5 (673 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- German Potato Salad Heirloom Recipe 4.5/5 (200 Votes)
- Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing 4.5/5 (164 Votes)