Pumpkin Breakfast Muffins
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil-based spread, softened
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. salt
- 2 t. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sweetened, dried cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Lightly grease muffin tin or line with paper baking cups.
3. In a medium bowl, combine vegetable-oil based spread and brown sugar; beat until fluffy.
4. Add pumpkin, mashed bananas, milk, vanilla, and eggs; blend well.
5. In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients and mix well.
6. Add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture and stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
7. Fill greased muffin cups 2/3 full
8. Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
9. Allow to cool for 5 minutes then remove from pan.