Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- FOR THE CASSEROLE:
- 1 whole Cooked Chicken, Bones Removed, Meat Diced Or Shredded (rotisserie Chicken Is Excellent, Should Be 5-6 Cups Of Chicken
- 1/2 pounds Very Thinly Sliced Deli-style Honey Ham, Rough Chopped
- 1/4 pounds Thin Sliced Baby Swiss Cheese
- FOR THE SAUCE:
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 4 Tablespoons Flour
- 3-1/4 cups Milk (I Used Whole Milk)
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoons Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoons White Pepper
- FOR THE TOPPING:
- 6 Tablespoons Butter
- 1-1/2 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 3/4 teaspoons Seasoning Salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoon Crushed Dried Parsley
Adapted from pinterest.com
Roughly chop the ham.
Butter a baking dish
Place the shredded or diced chicken in the bottom of the pan.
Put the chopped ham on top.
Place the sliced cheese on top of the ham.
Now make the white sauce: Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in the flour and cook until bubbly and smooth. Slowly add the milk. Cook until thickened, if the sauce doesn't want to thicken for you try adding a bit more flour
Add the lemon juice,mustard, salt, paprika and white pepper. Bring up to a boil and remove from heat.
Pour the sauce over the chicken/ham/cheese in the pan.
Time to make the topping: Melt the butter. Stir in the breadcrumbs, seasoning salt and parsley.
Sprinkle the topping over the sauce-laden chicken/ham/cheese
Bake at 350ºF until bubbly and the topping is lightly browned.