Chicken Stuffing Casserole
This Chicken Stuffing Casserole is the perfect casserole for any family. Make it for yourself with plenty of leftovers, or make it for your whole family! Don't forget the side dishes!
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup Durkee® parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons Durkee® minced onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Durkee® ground sage
- 1 teaspoon Durkee® poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Durkee® basil leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon Durkee® ground black pepper
- 12 cups day old bread cubes or unseasoned bread cubes for stuffing
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 5 cups chopped, cooked chicken or turkey
Adapted from durkee.com
Combine broth, butter, celery, mushrooms, parsley, onions, sage, poultry seasoning, salt, basil and pepper in a large saucepan; simmer for 10 minutes.
Place bread cubes in a large bowl.
Combine eggs, soup and chicken; stir into broth mixture until smooth. Pour over bread and mix well. Place mixture in a greased 5-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 5 hours or until a thermometer inserted into center of stuffing reads 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
Note: Stuffing can also be placed in a greased, covered casserole dish, and baked at 275 degrees Fahrenheit for 3 hours.
You'll also love
- Bavarian Mint Coffee Mix - Great... 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Pound Cake Perfection with Banana... 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Basil & Veggie Mini Quiches 4.2/5 (18 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Cake 4/5 (15 Votes)
- Maple Brown Butter Glazed Carrots 4.2/5 (14 Votes)
- Mini Turkey Tacos 4.2/5 (14 Votes)
- Chive Mashed Potatoes 4.2/5 (15 Votes)
- White Castle Turkey Stuffing 3.6/5 (24 Votes)