Fall Tortellini Bake
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, separated
- 2 cups (~2 large) boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups (~3 small) sweet potatoes, diced
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 tsp. all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup milk (I used 2%)
- 1 can (10.5 oz.) 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup (can sub cream of mushroom soup)
- 1 can (15 oz) corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz) sweet peas, drained and rinsed
- 2 (16 oz) bags frozen tortellini stuffed with cheese
- Optional: Parmesan cheese for topping
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large skillet over medium heat, combine 1 tbsp. olive oil with chopped chicken and mushrooms. Cook for about 8 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink inside. In the same skillet, add another tbsp. of olive oil and cook the sweet pepper over medium-high heat for about 8 minutes or until the potato is pretty tender.
Meanwhile, put a large pot of water on to boil. Follow package directions to cook the tortellini and then drain.
Combine tortellini, cooked chicken and mushrooms, chopped sweet peppers, sweet peas, sweet potatoes, and corn in a large bowl. Set aside.
Rinse out the skillet that cooked the chicken and sweet potato and combine chicken broth, garlic salt, pepper, and milk. Mix together and slowly add in the flour. Continue to stir until mixture thickens and then add the cream of chicken (or mushroom) soup.
Pour the milk and soup mixture over the tortellini and vegetables. Toss until coated and pour into a large 9 x 13 pan.
Cover with foil and cook for 25-30 minutes. Remove from the oven and top with Parmesan cheese if desired.