Mar-a-Lago Key Lime Pie
- Graham Cracker Crust
- 3/4 pound graham crackers (1 3/4 cups crumbs)
- 4 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 sticks melted butter (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 can (14 oz) condensed milk
- 2/3 cup fresh Key lime juice
- 1 lime, grated zest
- 1 cup whipping cream, chiloled
- 2 Tbsp confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
To make crust, preheat oven to 325. Mix crumbs, sugar, salt and melted butter until well combined. Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch pie pan, forming and even layer on the bottom, sides and edge. Bake crust for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
To make filling: While crust is resting, in an electric mixer with the wire whisk attachment, whip the egg yolks and lime zest at high speed until fluffy, or 5-6 minutes. Gradually add the condensed milk and continue to whip until thick, 3-4 minutes longer. Lower the mixer speed and slowly add the lime juice until incorporated.
Pour the mixture into the crust and bake for 15 minutes or until the filling has just set. Cool on a wire rack and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
To make topping: Whip the cream, sugar and vanilla until nearly stiff. Evenly spread on top of the pie and place in the freezer for 20 minutes prior to serving.
You'll also love
- Carrot Cake (SPLENDA) 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta Bake (No-boil Barilla) 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Whole Pumpkin Baked with Cream and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Aunt Sally's Babka Blueberry... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bumbleberry Jam 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Parfait Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Orange Liqueur (similar to Grand... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Marco Island Key Lime Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)