Easy Mushroom Gravy
If you like mushrooms, you’ll enjoy this simple vegan gravy, which is great over seitan, tofu, rice, and especially mashed potatoes.
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 8 ounces mushrooms, any small variety, or a mixture, try combining shiitakes with baby bella or crimini, cleaned, stemmed, and sliced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Combine the broth and soy sauce in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Add the mushrooms and simmer gently for 10 minutes, or until done to your liking.
Combine the cornstarch with just enough water to dissolve in a cup or small container. When the water and soy sauce mixture is at a steady simmer, slowly whisk in the cornstarch, stirring constantly until the liquid is thickened.
Remove from the heat and whisk in the basil and nutritional yeast. Use at once.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Jalapeno Popper Spread 4.5/5 (672 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Butternut Squash, Ricotta &... 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Crock Pot Ravioli Casserole 4.5/5 (475 Votes)