Easy Mushroom Gravy
If you like mushrooms, you’ll enjoy this simple vegan gravy, which is great over seitan, tofu, rice, and especially mashed potatoes.
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 8 ounces mushrooms, any small variety, or a mixture, try combining shiitakes with baby bella or crimini, cleaned, stemmed, and sliced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Combine the broth and soy sauce in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Add the mushrooms and simmer gently for 10 minutes, or until done to your liking.
Combine the cornstarch with just enough water to dissolve in a cup or small container. When the water and soy sauce mixture is at a steady simmer, slowly whisk in the cornstarch, stirring constantly until the liquid is thickened.
Remove from the heat and whisk in the basil and nutritional yeast. Use at once.
You'll also love
- Rum and Coconut Pudding Cake 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Classic Apple Pie 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Beef and Mushrooms... 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes With Orange... 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Holiday Candy Cane Pie 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Southern Mushroom & Cheddar... 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Loaded Roasted Chile Guacamole 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Herb-Butter Roasted Turkey with... 4.5/5 (20 Votes)