Slow Cooker Chocolate-Butterscotch Lava Cake
- 1 box dark chocolate cake mix
- 1 box (4-serving size) chocolate instant pudding and pie fillin mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 1/4 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- bag (8 oz) toffee bits
- 1 box (4-serving size) butterscotch instant pudding and pie filling
- 1 container (8 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed
Spray 5-quart oval slow cooker with cooking spray. In large bowl, beat cake mix, chocolate pudding mix, sour cream, butter, vanilla, 1 1/4 cups of the milk and the eggs with electric mixer on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping sides of bowl as needed. Stir in 1 cup of the toffee bits. Pour batter into slow cooker.
2. In 2-quart saucepan, heat remaining 2 cups milk over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until hot and bubbly. Remove from heat. Sprinkle butterscotch pudding mix over batter in slow cooker. Slowly pour hot milk over pudding.
3. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 4 hours 30 minutes or until edge of cake is set at least 2 inches from edge of slow cooker but center still jiggles slightly when moved. Turn off slow cooker. Let stand 15 minutes. Garnish with whipped topping and remaining toffee bits.