Meat Loaf Gravy
This simple gravy is the perfect thing for our flavorful meat loaf. If there's any left over, it can be served with mashed potatoes.
- 1 28-ounce can tomato puree
- 3 cups water
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, cored,seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 small stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Combine all the ingredients in a heavy pot and heat, stirring occasionally, until very hot, but not boiling. (Boiling will thin the gravy.) Check the seasoning and serve hot over meat loaf.
Note: Leftover meat loaf gravy can be refrigerated for up to 1 week.