Crock Pot - Beef & Broccoli
- 1 1/2 lbs. beef, chuck roast, sliced into thin strips
- 1 c. beef broth
- 1/2 c. oyster sauce (found at grocery store with Asian foods)
- 1/2 – 1 lb. broccoli, florets, fresh or frozen (I prefer fresh)
- 1/4 c. water
- 2 T. cornstarch
- Cooked rice (optional)
- Sesame seeds (for garnish)
Adapted from getcrocked.com
1. Arrange beef strips in a slow cooker and pour beef broth and oyster sauce over the beef. (NOTE: You can sub soy sauce if you prefer.)
2.Cover & Crock on LOW for 6–8 hours or on HIGH for 3–4 hours or until beef is very tender.
3. Microwave FRESH broccoli in microwave safe bowl with 1/4 c. water. The broccoli should be tender in 4–5 minutes. (NOTE: If using frozen broccoli, follow directions on packaging.)
4. Combine cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of the cooking liquid (liquid from the broth and juices of the meat in the crock) in a small bowl and stir until smooth. Slowly add cornstarch liquid mixture to the crock and stir in until well combined.
5. Fold drained broccoli into the slow cooker. Leave uncovered. Cook on High for about 15 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
Serve over your favorite cooked rice and garnish with sesame seeds!
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Baked Penne with Chicken, Broccoli... 4.5/5 (317 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli 4.5/5 (149 Votes)
- Broccoli bites 4.5/5 (138 Votes)