Chocolate Pots De Crème
Vegan, Gluten Free, Soy Free, Refined Sugar Free
Recipe printed with permission from Speed Vegan - my changes are in parentheses
- 1 14 oz can regular coconut milk
- 5 oz bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped (I used about 4.5 oz of 100% baking chocolate - if you want to do this, add an additional Tablespoon of agave and an additional teaspoon of vanilla extract)
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, coarsely torn (I used about 1/4 cup)
- 2 Tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed peppercorns (I just used a few turns of black pepper from the pepper grinder)
1.Put the coconut milk in a small pot over medium heat and bring to a simmer.
2.Put the chocolate in a blender or food processor and pour the hot coconut milk over it. Add basil, agave, orange zest, vanilla extract, and pepper and blend until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
3.Strain through a fine-mesh sieve (I skipped this step but did have small flecks of basil in the final dish so you may want to strain yours to make it super smooth.) Divide among four small cups. Cover and refrigerate until set, about 3 hours.