Pumpkin Spice Caramel Corn
This caramel corn gets a delightful fall twist from pumpkin pie spice to create a truly satisfying snack that is perfect for the holidays. Package this popcorn up in festive bags, boxes, or specialty containers and gift to your family and friends for a sweet treat gift all your friends and family will enjoy.
- 12cups12 cups popped plain popcorn
- 1/2pound1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 2cups2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1teaspoon1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2cup1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2teaspoon1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1teaspoon1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2cups1 1/2 cups walnut halves
- 1 1/2cups1 1/2 cups raw shelled pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1teaspoon1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 120mins
Adapted from blog.kitchenaid.com
Place popcorn in a large shallow roasting pan in one layer, or use two 9-by-13-inch pans; set aside.
Melt the butter in a large heavy saucepan over low heat. Stir in the brown sugar, salt, and corn syrup. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Insert a candy thermometer into pan, without the tip touching the bottom of pan. Boil mixture slowly, without stirring, until the temperature reaches the soft crack stage, about 285°F. This could take at least 45 minutes, but watch thermometer temperature carefully. Meanwhile, pre-heat oven to 250°F.
When the temperature of the mixture is reached, immediately remove from heat and stir in the soda and vanilla. This will cause the mixture to briefly foam up.
Stir the mixture and then immediately pour evenly over the popped corn in the roasting pan. Using 2 wooden spoons, quickly mix to coat all the popcorn; spread evenly on pan.
Bake at 250°F for 15 minutes; stir well. Return to oven for another 15 minutes.
Remove pan from oven and stir in walnuts and pumpkin seeds and sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice, coating well. Bake for 30 minutes more, stirring every 10 minutes.
Turn caramel corn out onto non-stick foil or parchment-lined baking sheets in a single layer. Cool completely, then break apart into desired sized pieces. Keep stored in airtight containers.
You'll also love
- American Flag Berry Pie 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter... 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Deep Fried Deviled Eggs 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Boo Snack Mix 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Halloween Cookie & Candy Corn Bark 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- French Bread in Bread Machine 4.3/5 (30 Votes)
- Make Ahead Turkey Gravy Recipe 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Halloween Spider Breads 4.5/5 (17 Votes)