Baked Beef Ziti
- 12 oz. uncooked ziti
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 pounds uncooked lean ground beef
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp. table salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 28 oz. canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 85mins
Adapted from weightwatchers.com
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat; add garlic and sauté 2 minutes. Add beef and cook until browned, breaking up meat with a spoon as it cooks, about 3-5 minutes; drain off any fat and set pan back over medium heat.
Add oregano, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper; stir to coat beef. Cook until herbs become fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
Spoon a small amount of beef-tomato mixture into bottom of a 4-quart casserole dish (just enough to cover surface); top with half of cooked ziti. Next, layer with half of remaining beef-tomato sauce and half of mozzarella cheese. Layer with remaining ziti and then top with remaining beef-tomato sauce; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake until cheese is golden and bubbly, about 30 minutes. Slice into 8 pieces and serve. Yields 1 piece per serving
You'll also love
- Onion Soup with Roquefort 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Cauliflower and Brown Rice Quiche 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Pretzel Wrapped Bratwurst 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Ground Beef Fricassee 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Spicy Sesame Noodles with Chopped... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Pasta Carrabba 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Ravioli with Wild Mushroom... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Pampered Chef Grilled Chicken... 4/5 (1 Votes)