Goat cheese and green apple panini
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 4 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 oz goat cheese at room temp
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1 t evoo
- 3 c frisee
- 8 slices sourdough lightly toasted
- 1 granny smith apple, halved, coated and thinly sliced
- 1/4 c fresh dill
1) toss onion and vinegar in large bowl and let stand 10 min. in another bowl,, use a fork to combine goat cheese, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
2) remove onion from vinegar shaking off excess and transfer to small plate. whisk honey and oil into vinegar, add frisee and toss to coat.
3) divide goat cheese among 4 slices of bread. top with apple, onion, frisee, dill and remaining bread.
4) lightly brush with evoo and put in panini press