Mediterranean Campanelle With Roasted Red Peppers and Almonds
- 12 ounces campanelle, penne, or some other short pasta
- 4 red or orange bell peppers, cut into quarters and seeds removed
- 3/4 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped roasted almonds
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- kosher salt and black pepper
1.Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve ¼ cup of the cooking water; drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
2.Meanwhile, heat broiler. Place the peppers on a baking sheet skin-side up and broil until blackened, 8 to 10 minutes. When the peppers are cool enough to handle, scrape away the blackened skins with a knife and discard. Cut the flesh into 1-inch pieces.
3.Add the peppers, olives, almonds, oil, thyme, 2 tablespoons of the reserved cooking water, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper to the pasta and toss to combine (add more cooking water if the pasta seems dry).