Feta and Spinach Couscous Patties
- 1cup1 cup water
- 2/3cup2/3 cup whole-wheat couscous
- 1/2cup1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2/3cup2/3 cup shredded seeded cucumber
- 3/4teaspoon3/4 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 1/4teaspoon1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4cup3/4 cup silken tofu
- 110-ounce package1 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2/3cup2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4cup1/4 cup snipped fresh dill
- 1/4cup1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/2teaspoon1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2tablespoons2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4cups4 cups sliced or torn green leaf lettuce
- Grape tomatoes, halved, for garnish
Adapted from eatingwell.com
1. Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Stir in couscous, cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes.
2. Combine yogurt, cucumber, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder and salt in a small bowl.
3. Mash tofu with a fork in a large bowl. Add spinach, feta, dill, onion, pepper, the remaining 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and the couscous; stir until well combined. Form into 8 patties, using about 1/2 cup for each.
4. Place a baking sheet in the oven and preheat to the lowest setting. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 4 patties and cook, turning once, until lightly golden on both sides, about 6 minutes total. Transfer to the baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining oil and patties. Serve over lettuce, topped with the yogurt sauce and garnished with tomatoes, if desired.
Tips & Notes
Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate the yogurt sauce (Step 2) for up to 6 hours.
You'll also love
- Cozy Potato-Mushroom Soup 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Pumpkin Ice-Cream Pie 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Pumpkin Ravioli with Salted... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Fettucine Alfredo 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Couscous-Stuffed Chicken 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Chard and white bean stew 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Bacon Lettuce Tomato BLT Soup -... 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Egg-White Frittata with Spinach,... 4.4/5 (10 Votes)