Glazed Lemon Cranberry Loaf
- For the cake:
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 2/3 cup flour + 1 Tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temp
- 1 cup sugar (I reduced to 2/3 cup)
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk (I used 0% fage)
- For the glaze:
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
Adapted from jasonandshawnda.com
Preheat the oven to 350.
Spray a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
Toss the cranberries with 1 Tbsp flour and set aside.
Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy, 2-3 minutes.
Add the eggs and lemon zest and beat until thoroughly combined.
Stir together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add half of the mixture and mix on low speed just until combined.
Add half of the milk and mix on low speed just until combined.
Add the remaining flour, mixing just until combined, and then the remaining milk.
Add cranberries and mix a few seconds longer.
Pour the batter into the pan and bake 45-60 minutes, until a skewer comes out with moist crumbs attached.
Cool the cake for 15 minutes and then remove it from the pan.
To make the lemon glaze, combine the sugar and lemon juice in a small saucepan.
Bring the mixture to a boil for 30 seconds.
Remove the pan from the heat.
Gently pierce the top of the loaf cake many times with a toothpick.
Use a pastry brush to apply the warm glaze evenly over the top of the loaf.
Slice into ~10 slices to serve.
Store leftovers tightly wrapped, will keep ~3 days.
You'll also love
- Pepperoncini Italian Beef Roast 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Pasta with Pancetta and Leeks* 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Hazelnut, Pear, and Blue Cheese... 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Pork Chops with Roasted Apples and... 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Greek Honey-Lemon Pork Chops 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Mile-High Lemon Meringue Pie 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Chocolate Espresso Raspberry... 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Cranberry Shortbread Cookies 4.4/5 (9 Votes)