Farina undergoes an unexpected transformation from hot cereal to airy pudding in this tart-sweet Latvian dessert, which is typically served with milk poured on top. This recipe first appeared in our May 2011 issue, with the article Riga Revisited.
- 3 cups unsweetened cranberry juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup farina or cream of wheat
- Milk, for serving (optional)
Bring juice and sugar to a boil in a 2-qt. saucepan over medium-high heat. Whisk in farina, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook, whisking constantly, until thickened, about 5 minutes. Transfer to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk, and process on medium-high until thick and doubled in volume, about 12 minutes. Serve in bowls with milk poured over top, if desired.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (287 Votes)
- Strawberry Coconut Chia Seed... 4.5/5 (209 Votes)
- Raspberry Beignets with Vanilla... 4.6/5 (187 Votes)