Turkey & Broccoli Crustless Quiche
A tasty way to start the day. Not only will you love the taste of this nourishing quiche, you'll love how quickly and easily it comes together. Plus it's a brilliant way to get rid of leftover turkey or chicken.
- 2 cups broccoli florets, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Challenge Butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons Challenge Butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups cooked leftover turkey, chopped (or chicken)
- 1 cup sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from challengedairy.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Cook broccoli in boiling water 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
Coat a 9-inch pie pan with a tablespoon of butter; sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Set aside.
Combine flour, basil, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add milk and mustard, stirring with a whisk. Stir in eggs, melted butter, turkey or chicken, broccoli and ½ cup of the cheese. Stir well.
Pour mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and paprika. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until set and golden. Let cool on wire rack 15 minutes before serving.
Note: The secret to a perfectly cooked quiche is removing it from heat before it becomes too firm or dry. It will continue to set as it cools. Serve warm or cool. Refrigerate any left-overs.
You'll also love
- Holiday Holly Chocolate Cupcakes 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Pumpkin Streusel Muffins 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Green Bean Casserole 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Streusel Pie 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Cheesy Tex-Mex Beef Pockets 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Meat Lovers Calzone 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Sour dough bacon and cream cheese... 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Easy Quinoa Cheddar Bake with... 4.5/5 (19 Votes)