Whole Pumpkin Baked with Cream and Cheese
- Gruyère cheese or any melting cheese, up to 1 pound
- a few cups of cream
- Freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- a knob of butter
- crusty bread
- 2 cups of apple
- lemon juice
Preheat the oven to 375ºF/191ºC.
Using a narrow pointed knife, slice around the stem of the pumpkin at a 45-degree angle. Scoop out pulp and seeds. Fill the pumpkin with grated Gruyère cheese until about a third full.
Whole Baked Pumpkin - Filled with Cheese
Fill the pumpkin with cream until about two-thirds full. Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Throw in a knob of butter, because we all know that pumpkins and butter always pair well.
Whole Baked Pumpkin - Filled with Cream and Butter
Replace the pumpkin top. The filled pumpkin is now ready to bake.
Whole Baked Pumpkin - Covered
Bake at 375ºF/191ºC for about 45 minutes to 1 1/4 hours, until tender and spoonable. Check the pumpkins for doneness by removing the lid and poking it with a knife or skewer.
Whole Baked Pumpkin - Side
Scoop out the pumpkin flesh with the cream and cheese into warmed soup bowls. Serve piping hot.
You'll also love
- Aunt Sally's Babka Blueberry... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Creamy Crawfish Enchiladas 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bumbleberry Jam 0/5 (0 Votes)
- NEW ORLEANS SHRIMP AND ARTICHOKE... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ruth's Chris Steak House Potatoes... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Zucchini Whoopie Pies 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cream Cheese Filled Pumpkin Roll 0/5 (0 Votes)