creamy white bean soup
- Creamy Bean Soup
- Adapted from Epicurious Recipe based on Cara Brunetti Hillyard
- Yield – 8 first course servings
- Active prep time: 40 minutes
- 3 TBSP Olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 5 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 4 cans cannellini beans
- 8 Cups No Chicken Broth, perhaps only 7
- 1 tsp Rosemary
- 3 pinches ground sage
Heat olive oil in large pot over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic and sauté until onions are translucent. Add carrots. Continue cooking until onions are golden and carrots are soft.
Add rosemary and stir for 1 minute.
Add broth and beans. Bring to a boil
Simmer for 10 minutes, add ground sage.
Use immersion blender to puree soup, leaving at least 1.4 of beans whole.