Cranberry Orange Bars
- Pillsbury® Baking Spray with Flour
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (14 oz.) jar cranberry orange relish or cranberry relish
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- ORANGE FROSTING
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening, melted and cooled
Adapted from pillsburybaking.com
HEAT oven to 350ºF. Coat a 13x9x2-inch pan with flour no-stick cooking spray.
BEAT shortening, brown sugar and eggs until light and fluffy in large bowl at medium speed of electric mixer. Add cranberry orange relish, orange juice and orange peel, flour and baking soda. Beat at low speed until blended, scraping bowl constantly. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Stir in walnuts. Pour into prepared pan.
BAKE 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden brown and center springs back when touched lightly. Cool completely.
COMBINE powdered sugar, orange juice, orange peel and shortening in small bowl. Mix until smooth. Spread on cooled bars.
You'll also love
- Key Lime and White Biscotti 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- Turkey and White Bean Chili 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Pecan Apple Crisp 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Strawberry & Lime Moscato Punch 4.3/5 (38 Votes)
- Dreamsicle Orange Punch 4.2/5 (43 Votes)
- Crispy Chicken with Orange Peel 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Dark Chocolate Cake with Fresh... 4.4/5 (25 Votes)
- Comforting Cranberry-Apple Crisp... 4.5/5 (17 Votes)