Creamy Crawfish Enchiladas
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4-ounce can of chopped green chiles, drained you may want to chop them finer
- 1 pound of LA Crawfish Tails, drain fat
- Â1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Â1/2 teaspoon of red pepper
- 4-ounces of Philadelphia cream cheese, cubed
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inch fajita size)
- 8-ounce package of shredded Cheddar/Jack cheese
- 1 half pint of heavy whipping cream
- Sliced jalapeno peppers
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1.Lightly grease a 13 x 9 baking dish and set aside.
2.Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat.
3.Add onion and sautÃ© for 5 minutes.
4.Add green chiles and sautÃ© for 1 minute.
5.Add crawfish, salt, red pepper, and sautÃ© over medium heat for 5 minutes. Stir in cream cheese, stirring constantly until melted. Let cool for 5 minutes.
6.Spoon 2 or 3 tablespoons of mixture down the center of each tortilla.
7.Roll up tortillas and place seam side down in the baking dish.
8.Sprinkle with the cheddar/jack cheese and drizzle with the whipping cream.
9.Bake for 30 minutes.
Let cool 10 minutes before serving