Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
101 calories, 1 g fat!!!
- 1/2 large butternut squash, 1 pound, seeds removed
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable stock, warmed
- 4 tsp. sour cream
Adapted from Shape.com
1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Cut squash in half lengthwise into two pieces. Place skin side down on a prepared baking sheet. Brush with maple syrup and pour lemon juice over top. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 40 minutes or until tender and caramelized.
3. Meanwhile, add reserved squash seeds to a small bowl with vegetables, oil and chili powder. Toss to coat, then arrange in a single layer on the remaining prepared baking sheet. Place in oven (alongside roasting squash is fine)and bake for 15 minutes. Toss seeds with a spatula and cook for 15 minutes more or until browned.
4. Remove squash from oven and let rest until cool enough to handle. Use a spoon to scoop out the flesh and place into a blender. Add vegetable broth and puree for 30-45 seconds or until smooth. Set aside.
5. In a small bowl stir sour cream briskly with a spoon until smooth. Divide soup evenly among four bowls, top with a dollop of sour cream, and add a sprinkle of toasted seeds. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Mushroom, Cheddar, and Toast... 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Baked Macaroni & Cheese 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Applesauce Cranberry Muffins 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Biscuits 4.3/5 (40 Votes)
- Stick-to-Your Ribs Beef, Onion,... 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Corbo's Bakery Cassata Cake 4.2/5 (59 Votes)
- 7-Layer Mexican Bean Dip 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Hazelnut Pumpkin Seed and... 4.7/5 (10 Votes)