quickbread - Apple Sour Cream Loaf
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 medium apples, peeled and shredded, about 1 cup
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Adapted from thenaptimechef.com
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour a 9x5 loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl beat the butter and sugar until fluffy. Then beat in the sour cream, the eggs one at a time, and, finally, the vanilla extract. Stir in the apples.
3. In a small bowl whisk together the baking soda, flour, cinnamon, and salt. Fold the mixture into the wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour to 1hour 10 minutes, or until the top springs back when touched and a cake tester comes out clean. Allow to cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then invert onto a wire rack to cool completely.