Parmesan Potato au Gratin
Parmesan Potato au Gratin. I love them because they are just the right size, being made in a muffin tin. This recipe is for six servings, but can easily be scaled up.
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons onion or shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 cup parmesan, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 to 3 medium russet potatoes, sliced thinly
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 55mins
Adapted from pinterest.com
Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
Mix the garlic, onion or shallot, half and half, 1/2 cup parmesan, salt, pepper and thyme in a bowl and set aside.
Stack about 7 to 8 potato slices into each muffin tin. The number of slices will vary depending on the thickness of the cut. Stack them tightly but not any higher than the muffin tin itself.
Pour the half and half mixture over the potato slices, being careful not to overfill. Sprinkle the remaining parmesan cheese over each muffin tin.
Bake for 45 to 50 minutes until the cheese is golden brown, and the liquid has absorbed into the potatoes. I would suggest putting a pan underneath just in case of dripping.
You'll also love
- Lemony Lemon Brownies 3.9/5 (145 Votes)
- Smashed Chickpea Sriracha Salad... 5/5 (9 Votes)
- Cheesy Bacon Ranch Baked Potato... 4.5/5 (52 Votes)
- Cherry Cheesecake Dip 4.5/5 (52 Votes)
- 60-Minute Dinner Rolls (Yes,fresh... 4.4/5 (59 Votes)
- Stuffed Cabbage Casserole 4.4/5 (53 Votes)
- Classic Sweet Potato Casserole 4.5/5 (49 Votes)
- Baked Potato Slices 4.5/5 (47 Votes)