Vanilla Malt Cupcakes
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup malted milk powder
- 1 3/4 cups cake flour, not self-rising
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- whipped cream, to taste
- 16 maraschino cherries
Adapted from pauladeen.com
Preheat oven to 350 F.
In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together sugar, malted milk powder, cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
Add butter and vanilla and mix until light and fluffy (about three minutes on high speed when using an electric mixer).
Mix in eggs until just combined.
Slowly mix in milk until just combined.
Fill cupcake liners ¾ full.
Bake for 20 minutes or until cupcakes bounce back when lightly touched.
Top each cooled cupcake with whipped cream and a maraschino cherry.
You'll also love
- The Ultimate Vanilla Cupcake Recipe 4.3/5 (21 Votes)