Smashed Potato-and-Broccoli Casserole
- 2 pounds baking potatoes, halved
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh or 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) container fat-free sour cream
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 375°.
Place potatoes in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 20 minutes or until tender. Drain potatoes in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid. Return potatoes and liquid to pan; mash with a potato masher until slightly chunky.
Add chopped broccoli and next 6 ingredients (broccoli through sour cream) to pan, and stir well. Spoon potato mixture into an 11- x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray; bake at 375° for 35 minutes. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese; bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese melts.