Chicken Stuffed Parmesan Rolls
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 5 oz each)
- 1 box (10 oz) Cascadian Farm® frozen organic cut spinach, thawed, well drained
- 2 oz 1/3-less-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel), softened
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fat-free egg product
- 12 stone-ground wheat crackers, crushed (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup Muir Glen® organic Italian herb pasta sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (1 oz)
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 55mins
1 Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Between pieces of plastic wrap or waxed paper, place each chicken breast smooth side down; gently pound with flat side of meat mallet or rolling pin until about 1/4 inch thick.
2 In medium bowl, mix spinach, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, 1/2 teaspoon basil and the garlic until blended. Spread about 1 tablespoon spinach mixture over each chicken breast; roll up tightly. If necessary, secure with toothpicks.
3 In small shallow bowl, place egg product. In another small shallow bowl, mix cracker crumbs, 1 teaspoon basil and the pepper. Dip each chicken breast into egg product; coat with crumb mixture. Place seam side down in baking dish.
4 Bake uncovered 20 minutes. Pour pasta sauce over chicken; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 10 to 15 minutes longer or until thermometer inserted in center of chicken reads 165°F. Remove toothpicks from chicken before eating.