Sweet Potato Casserole
- 2 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 3 large), scrubbed
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten with a fork
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted plus more for the preparing the pan
- 2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Put the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and pierce each one 2 or 3 times with a fork. Bake for 45 to 60 minutes or until tender. Set aside to cool.
Turn the oven down to 350 degrees F. Scoop the sweet potato out of their skins and into a medium bowl. Discard the skins. Mash the potatoes until smooth. Add the eggs, butter, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and pepper to taste. Whisk the mixture until smooth.
Butter an 8 by 8-inch casserole. Pour the sweet potato mixture into the pan and sprinkle the top with the pecans. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes until a bit puffy. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Mango-Lime Icebox Pie 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Crustless Tuna Quiche 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Bisquick Strawberry Shortcake 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Penne, Tomato and Mozzarella Salad 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Company Potatoes taste of home... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Casserole 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- One-Pan Baked Chicken & Sweet... 4.3/5 (17 Votes)