Grilled Roasted Vegetables with Pineapple
These tasty roasted vegetables can be cooked on the grill or roasted in the oven! The pineapple adds a wonderful sweetness to the vegetables. This recipe is easily modified to include your favorite vegetables or spices.
- 1 C diced potato (peeled or unpeeled)
- 1 C chopped bell pepper (any color)
- 1 C chopped raw mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 C cherry tomatoes
- 1 can pineapple chunks in natural juices
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 2 tsp dill weed
- 1 tsp celery salt or celery seed
- 1 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder (optional)
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder (optional)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- Different vegetables and spices can be substituted based on preference and availablity**
Chop the vegetables into similar sized chunks. Place all ingredients in large bowl. Do not drain pineapple. Mix thoughly, then drain all liquids.
Option 1 -- place vegetables in grill-safe roasting pan and place on grill. Med high heat. Stir every 5-10 minutes until tender.
Option 2 -- place vegetables on heavy duty aluminum foil sprayed lightly with Pam. Fold aluminum foil into a sealed pouch and place on grill. Med heat. Turn over every 5 minutes for 20 - 25 minutes. (Is usually done by the time your meat is done)
Oven: Place vegetables in roasting pan. Bake at 350 degrees. Stir every 10 minutes unitl tender.