Witch's Hat Chocolate Cupcakes
These witch cupcakes are fun to make and filled with a yummy marshmallow creme filling with a hint of orange flavor, which goes well with the chocolate cake.
- ORANGE CREAM FILLING:
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup Hershey's Cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1/2 cup butter, 1 stick
- 1 cup marshmallow creme
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 teaspoons orange juice
- Red and yellow food dye
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from hersheys.com
Heat oven to 350°F. Line muffin cups (2-1/2 inches in diameter) with paper bake cups.
Beat butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla in large bowl on high speed of mixer 3 minutes. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt and baking powder; add alternately with water to butter mixture, beating just until blended. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter.
Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely.
ORANGE CREAM FILLING:
Beat butter in small bowl; gradually beat in marshmallow creme. Add powdered sugar, orange peel and vanilla, beating until blended.
Gradually add orange juice and food color, if desired, beating to desired consistency. About 1 1/3 cups filling.
ASSEMBLE THE WITCH HATS:
Cut 1 1/2-inch cone-shaped piece from center of each cupcake; reserve. Fill each cavity with scant tablespoon filling. Place reserved cake pieces on filling, pointed side up.
Refrigerate before serving. 2 1/2 dozen cupcakes.
You'll also love
- Avocado Shaved Brussels Sprout... 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Applesauce Muffins 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake Yogurt... 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Pumpkin Mousse 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- The Perfect Fall Cheese Ball 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Halloween Cookie & Candy Corn Bark 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Monster Eyeballs 4.4/5 (21 Votes)