Southern Belle Mint Julep-Kissed Shortbread Cookies
Shortbread cookies get a kick of flavor from added mint and bourbon. Perfect to serve at a Kentucky Derby party!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons good quality bourbon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
Preparation time 60mins
Cooking time 70mins
Adapted from realwomenofphiladephia.com
Using wire whisk, stir together the flour, cornstarch, powdered sugar, mint and salt in large bowl; set aside.
In mixer on medium speed, add cream cheese, butter, bourbon and vanilla in a large bowl, beating until well blended.
Gradually add flour mixture to cream cheese mixture and beat until it forms a dough.
Dough will be somewhat soft so cover and chill in freezer about 15 minutes.
Preheat oven to 325°F.
Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
On lightly floured surface, roll half of dough at a time to less than 1/4-inch thickness. Cut into rounds using 1 1/2 to 2-inch cookie cutter.
Place on baking sheets about 2-inches apart.
Bake 8-10 minutes or until just lightly browned on bottom. DO NOT OVERBAKE.
Cool cookies in pan on wire rack.
When cool, remove from pans and place on platter, garnishing with extra mint or store cookies until ready to serve.
You'll also love
- Broccoli Quiche 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Roasted Butternut Squash & Apple... 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Deep-Fried Cheesecake Bites 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Chocolate-Cinnamon Coffee Cake 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Banana Cream Cookies 4.4/5 (15 Votes)
- 1-Hour Lemon Gooey Butter Cookies 4/5 (53 Votes)
- White Chocolate Cherry Shortbread 4.5/5 (2 Votes)