Pineapple Chicken with Spaghetti
- 8 * 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken in half
- 1 * 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 * 1 large green pepper, julienned
- 2 * 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 3 * 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 * 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 * 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 * 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 * 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 * 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 * 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
* Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry green pepper, carrots, onions and ginger in oil for 3 minutes. Add chicken and garlic; stir-fry for 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Add the spaghetti and pineapple; stir-fry for 1 minute. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, soy sauce and reserved pineapple juice until smooth; pour over chicken mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving (1-1/3 cups) equals 346 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 464 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 very lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fruit.