Cauliflower Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
- 1 small head cauliflower
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- to taste salt and pepper
- 3 TBS melted butter
- 2/3 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh grated parmesan
Adapted from eatingrichly.com
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Cut cauliflower into small macaroni sized pieces (florets and stems) and place in a casserole dish.
Roast cauliflower for 15-20 minutes, until the edges are golden and it is easily pierced with a fork.
While cauliflower is roasting, fill a saucepan with the milk, cream cheese and shredded cheddar. Heat on medium high.
Slowly whisk the cheese as it melts until sauce is well mixed. Add sour cream to thicken. Stir in garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste.
Remove roasted cauliflower from oven and pour cheese sauce over cauliflower. Mix evenly.
Combine melted butter, breadcrumbs, parsley and parmesan. Spread over the cauliflower.
Roast uncovered in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until crumbs are golden brown and cheese is bubbling.
You'll also love
- Asparagus Shepherd’s Pie 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Easy Turkey or Chicken Pot Pie 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Pumpkin Palooza Cake 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Creamy Roasted Red Pepper and... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Cauliflower 'Couscous' 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Mo's Linguini Alfredo with Oregon... 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Creole Macaroni and Cheese 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Chili Macaroni Casserole 4.4/5 (5 Votes)