Beef and Black Bean Chili
- Beef and Black Bean Chili
- 1 1
- 2 2
- 3 3
- 4 4
- 5 5
- Loved It?
- Ingredients 12 ounces ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green sweet pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 15 - 16 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 28 ounce can diced tomatoes (I like to use salsa)
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons hot chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- Toasted baguette slices (optional)
- Sliced green onions (optional)
1. In a large skillet cook ground beef, onion, sweet pepper, and garlic over medium heat until browned. Drain fat. Transfer meat mixture to a 3 1/2 to 4-quart slow cooker. Add beans, tomatoes, beans, broth, cocoa powder, chili powder, cumin, and paprika.
2. Cover and cook on low heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high heat setting for 4 to 5 hours. Top with baguette slices and green onions, if desired.