Hungarian Goulash Crockpot
- 2 pounds round steak (3/4-inch-thick), cut into -inch pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained and coarsely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- Warm cooked buttered noodles or rice
Combine first 3 ingredients in a 5-quart slow cooker, stirring well.
Combine flour and next 4 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well; add to meat mixture, tossing well to coat. Add tomatoes and bay leaf to meat mixture; stir well.
Cover and cook on HIGH setting 1 hour; reduce heat to LOW setting, and cook 5-1/2 hours. Remove and discard bay leaf. Stir in sour cream. Serve over noodles or rice.
Here's a time-saving tip you'll use again and again: to quickly chop canned whole tomatoes, use kitchen shears to snip the tomatoes while they're still in the can.