Creamy Spinach and Tortellini
For Florentine flair, pair cheese tortellini with spinach, tomato and basil in a creamy sauce.
- 2 (9-oz.) pkg. refrigerated or 1 (19-oz.) pkg. frozen cheese-filled tortellini
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (9-oz.) pkg. Green Giant® frozen chopped spinach, thawed, undrained*
- 1 cup cubed seeded tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from pillsbury.com
Cook tortellini to desired doneness as directed on package. Drain; cover to keep warm.
Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add onion and garlic; cook about 4 minutes or until tender and lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Add spinach, tomato, basil, salt and pepper; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in whipping cream and cheese. Cook until mixture just comes to a boil.
Reduce heat to low; stir in cooked tortellini. Cook an additional 4 to 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. If desired, serve with additional Parmesan cheese.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
Serving Size: 1 1/2 Cups
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value
% Daily Value*:
4 1/2 Starch; 1 Vegetable; 1 High-Fat Meat; 6 Fat;
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
You'll also love
- Pear Pie with Red Wine & Rosemary 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Apple Cobbler 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Biscoff Pumpkin Pie Cookie Cups 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Toasted Ravioli Pizza Pockets 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Taco Pasta Bake 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Baked Hummus & Spinach Dip 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Creamy Parmesan Chicken Penne 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Spinach Tomato Tortellini 4.4/5 (32 Votes)