Chili Relleno Bake
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 4 Crystal Farms® Grade AA eggs
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3-4 drops hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) Crystal Farms® Finely Shredded Mexican Style 3 Cheese Blend
- 1 cup (4 ounce) Crystal Farms® Finely Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 3 (4 ounce) cans whole green chiles, well-drained
Adapted from crystalfarmscheese.com
1. Heat oven to 350° F. Grease 1 1/2-quart baking dish. Beat buttermilk, eggs, flour, salt, and hot pepper sauce until well blended; set aside. Toss cheeses together, reserving 1/2 cup for top of casserole. Tear chiles into wide strips.
2. In baking dish, layer chiles and cheeses. Pour egg mixture carefully over layers. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
3. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until set and knife inserted near center comes out clean. Serve hot with salsa.