Turkey lasagna ( Barefoot Contessa )
- 2 Tbl. olive oil
- 1 chopped yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 lbs sweet italian turkey sausage
- 28 oz. crushed tomatoes
- 1 6oz. tomato paste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 lb noodles
- 15 oz. ricotta cheese
- 3-4 oz creamy goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- 1 xlg egg, lightly beaten
- 1 lb mozzarella, thinly sliced
preheat oven to 400
Heat the olive oil add the onion and cook for 5 min over med. low heat, until translucent. Add the garlic and cook for 1 min more. Add the sausage and cook breaking it up for 10 min, or till no longerpink. Add tomatoes, pasted, 2 Tbl parsley, the basil, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper. Simmer uncovered, 15-20 min or until thickened.
In a med. bowl, combine ricotta, goat cheese, 1 cup parmesan, egg, and remaining parsley.
Ladle 13 sauce into pan then add layers as follows, pasta, mozzarella, ricotta, sauce. End with sauce, sprinke with parmesan.
Bake 30 min, until bubbling.