Cranberry BBQ Turkey Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 4-6 sweet potatoes, scrubbed well
- olive oil (preferably in a spray bottle)
- kosher salt
- 1/4 c cranberry sauce
- 1 c barbecue sauce
- 2 c shredded and/or chopped leftover cooked turkey
- 1 c finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 About 1/2 crumbled cornbread, corn muffin, or stuffing
Preheat your oven to 450°F.
Lightly spray or rub sweet potatoes with olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt. Wrap individually in aluminum foil and bake for about 45 minutes, or until soft (potatoes can also be “baked” in the microwave, if you have less time).
While potatoes are baking, combine cranberry sauce and barbecue sauce in a medium saucepan, and heat over low to medium heat until the cranberry sauce melts into the barbecue sauce.
Add the turkey, and cook until heated through.
Combine the cheese and crumbs in a small bowl.
Place the potatoes in an oven-safe dish.
Slice down the potatoes lengthwise, spread open, and fill with the turkey mixture. Sprinkle the cheddar topping over the potatoes and bake for about 5 more minutes, until cheese is melted and crumbs are slightly browned.