A yummy baked chicken strips that the kids would love!
- 1/4 cup whole wheat fl our
- 1/2 cup whole wheat panko bread crumbs, such as Ian's
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds, broken into pieces
- 1/2 cup liquid egg substitute
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (4 ounces each)
- Freshly ground black pepper
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from mom2mycrazy2.blogspot.com
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place a wire rack on a baking sheet lined with foil, and set it aside.
Put the flour in a shallow dish. Mix the panko and almonds in another shallow dish. In a shallow plate, put the egg substitute.
Season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Working in batches, dredge the chicken in the flour, shaking off any excess. Add the chicken to the egg substitute and coat completely. Add the chicken, a few pieces at a time, to the panko and almond mixture and coat completely.
Spread the chicken out on the wire rack. Spray lightly with cooking spray. Bake the chicken until the breading is golden and crispy and the chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven.