curry flank steak with Tropical fruit salsa
- Tropical Fruit Salsa:
- 1 (1-pound) lean flank steak
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/2 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup diced orange sections
- 1/2 cup diced peeled papaya
- 1/2 cup diced Granny Smith apple
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
Trim fat from steak.
Combine steak and next 6 ingredients in a large heavy-duty, zip-top plastic bag.
Seal bag, and marinate in refrigerator 8 to 12 hours, turning bag occasionally.
Remove steak from bag; discard marinade.
Prepare grill or broiler.
Place steak on grill rack or broiler pan coated with cooking spray, and cook 7 minutes on each side or until steak is desired degree of doneness.
Cut steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices.
Fruit Salsa mix together and chill 12 hours